Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Review: Sally Hansen Diamond Strength French Maincure Pen Kit



Okay, so I got this set at Guardian, and I have mixed feeling about it, majority are bad ones. Okay, first, what I like about this:

It's really convenient as it has a base colour, top colour, white tip pen and stickers to paste on your nails to use as a guide line. Also, the white tip pen is really easy to use for both hands, so you don't have to worry when using your other hand. That's pretty much what I like about it.

Now, dislikes. Firstly, the white tip pen is really watery. So it's easy for it to sip into gaps if you don't apply the sticker guides properly and also the sides of your nails. Another thing I hate is that it is really faint. You have to shake it and push the tip against a hard surface till the 'ink' gets thicker and more obvious, but still, when you apply it on your nails, it doesn't really look nice as French tips. Next, the tip of the white tip pen is not like the picture on the box is. On the picture on the box, the tip of the pen looks very thin and easy to use and kinda looks like it's made from sponge, but in actual fact, the tip is, I don't really know how to describe it, but it's shaped like a highlighter tip, and it's very rough, like made of something with a fibrous texture. One more thing I hate about it is the price. It's $30 (SGD) or at least around there, I can't really remember. Anyway, the 'good' things in here are the base colour and top coat, and the nail guides, but if I wanted those nail polishes, I would have gotten them separately rather than get this set. It seemed like a good deal, but once you see the white tip pen, it's not a good deal.

Okay, so when you just open it, it's pretty faint (starts from the dot below the '23') and goes anti-clockwise after shaking and pressing




Le sigh, so overall, I don't think it's worth it and you shouldn't get it. It's a lot cheaper to get simple white nail polish from whatever brand and make your own nail guides. What I'll do with this set now? I don't really know, but I'll most likely use the nail polishes, and use the nail guides when doing DIY French nail with normal white polish. Not so sure what to do with the white tip pen though..

No comments:

Post a Comment